Our background and your main purpose...
Ruroc exists to make helmets cool. We believe that re-engineering protection with the perfect balance of art and science will make people want to wear our helmets, making them safer and will mean they live longer (and cooler!). In 2019 we had our first £1m turnover day and in 2020 we had our first £1m turnover hour and we’re now in a fabulous position to build further growth.
In January 2020 the business completed a strategic review to build on this foundation, leading to a number of initiatives Ruroc believes will unlock future growth. Firstly, the business is now investing significant operational / systems upgrades to improve efficiency, leading to improvements in business processes and customer experience. Secondly, a clear product and target audience strategy that will help Ruroc create more amazing products, engaging content/stories that engage this audience and generate high lifetime value. Finally, a number of new roles across the business have been created to help expedite growth, this being one of them.
The leadership team believe this investment plan can unlock up to 100% growth in 2020 and then onto annual revenues of £50m within 3 years, making it one of the fastest-growing UK companies.
Your main purpose will be to amplify campaign content, to drive the most and best traffic to Ruroc at the lowest cost through digital / paid advertising. The successful candidate will be curious and highly driven with the ability to balance the forefront of industry and technical advancements with commerciality. Is driven to maintain high standards across all aspects of their work including relationships and is keen to learn and always self-develop their skills and understanding.
Your Direct Reports...
- No direct reports. There is opportunity to progress within the Marketing Team in the future with the growth of the organisation.
- Brand Team (Content, Copy, Imagery etc.)
- CRM Team (Customer Support / Relationship)
- Trading Team (eCom & Retail Trading Managers)
- External Account Managers
- Tech (Development, Systems, Infrastructure)
- Finance (Money In, Money Out)
- Support the Digital Marketing Manager on a tactical level across all Digital Advertising / Traffic Driving tactics, ensuring that Ruroc delivers best practice across all channels;
- Manage a Google Ads account (PPC) across multiple geographies (with hands-on support across the platforms broad relations) – Search, Shopping, Video, Display, Remarketing;
- Support the Digital Advertising team in developing a broader digital advertising mix across emerging platforms such as TikTok and Snapchat – as such share cross-functional knowledge with the Paid Social Executive (Facebook/Instagram);
- Assist in overseeing Digital Advertising activities globally in-line with local teams, ensuring initiatives work for all markets. You might have an awareness of Baidu, LINE and NAVER;
- Monitor COS and CPA by channel to deliver ‘profitable’ acquisition activity for Ruroc;
- Monitor and optimise channels to top of funnel metrics; aware of full funnel advertising; aware of frameworks such as RACE
- Keep up to date with emerging trends and best practice across eCommerce and digital advertising;
- Be considerate of how branded direct to consumer digital advertising tactics or objectives may differ to legacy retailers;
- Have a strong understanding / awareness of attribution which allows the digital advertising team and the broader business to understand how each digital / paid channel contributes to visits / sales;
- Work closely with the Trading Team to agree call to action tactics that compliment the trading plan and optimises advertising;
- Work closely with the CRM Team to safeguard/grow first party data and unlock greater results in retention;
- Work closely with the Insights Team to unlock greater analysis which leads to optimisation of advertising activity;
- Positively impact and influence internal and external stakeholders.
This job is for you if:
- Have a good understanding of eCommerce and marketing businesses.
- Understand how to maximise output in advertising activity where a mix of skill / talent types are required.
- Intellectual and emotional intelligence in balanced and equal measure.
- Are a ‘subjective’ thinker in terms of ideas, following your instinct, but you’ll be used to using internal/external data to underpin your ideas with confidence.
- You are independent and self-directed but able to effectively navigate and collaborate cross-functionally.
- Have analytical skills to track and manage performance.
- You are outcomes focused.
- You are bullish about Ruroc and its potential.
- 2-3 years of managing digital / paid advertising activity within eCommerce.
- Great understanding of Google and Facebooks advertising platforms and their associated relations.
- Experience in Google Merchant Centre and Feed Management Tools.
- Solid understanding of Google Analytics.
- Knowledge of Tag Management, Media Owner Pixels and Attribution/Bias.
- Understand the importance of Tracking.
- A proficient user of Google Sheets or Microsoft Excel.
- Keen interest in burgeoning platforms (TikTok, Snapchat, Programmatic, Addressable/Connected TV, Podcast Advertising etc).
You might have…
- Experience in lifestyle products.
- Understanding of Google Data Studio.
- Awareness of international platforms like Baidu, LINE and NAVER.
- Experience using tools such as Google Marketing Platform (360), Kenshoo or Marin.
- Set-up, managed, and monitored Tags and Pixels.
- Basic Photoshop / Adobe Creative Cloud Skills.
- Global experience (USA, Europe).
- Purchased Ruroc or similar products, you’re a customer/love skiing, snowboarding and/or motorcycling.
Successful people at Ruroc…
Stick to the playbook, don’t go rogue.
Stay ahead of the competition.
BE READY FOR ANYTHING.
Be prepared and be flexible. Discipline equals Freedom.
WE ARE GUERRILLAS.
Exploit opportunities. Be creative. Flank the enemy.
We focus on the 20% that makes the 80% happen.
THINK LIKE A CUSTOMER - EVERY DAY.
Understand our target audience better, delight them
- Competitive salary plus an industry leading bonus scheme.
- Brand new on-site gym with Personal Trainer.
- Employee of the quarter and year awards.
- Private Health Insurance with Vitality.
- Brand new office refit.
- Casual dress
- On-site parking
- Company events & social hours
If this sounds like you, what are you waiting for?Apply now